Why You Need a Mobile Marketing Strategy
Developing a mobile marketing strategy can be a daunting task for many businesses. This is in large part due to the fact that mobile marketing is still evolving so it is hard to know how it will grow and change in the short and long term.
While some companies may believe that it is in their best interest to take a wait-and-see approach to mobile marketing, this is never a good idea. Statistics tell us that today, almost 30 percent of all sales are conducted on mobile devices such as smartphones. The number of sales made on tablets also is growing. Therefore, if you don’t have a mobile strategy, you are losing out on sales. It is as simple as that.
If you are waiting to develop your mobile marketing strategy, or simply don’t know where to start, you need to take action now. The most important thing to remember is that mobile marketing doesn’t have to be complicated, after all it is just another way to promote your product or service – only through mobile devices.
Here are a few things to keep in mind when putting together a mobile marketing strategy:
1. Get to the point. While your content – or copy – needs to be compelling, it also needs to be brief. The people reading your content are doing so on a small screen, and typically on the go, so don’t want to read long blocks of copy.
2. Location, location, location. Mobile devices are used a great deal for local searches so always make sure your company’s address, hours of operation, and contact info are listed front and center. If visitors to your site have a hard time finding this information they will quickly decide it’s not worth their time.
3. Create a mobile app. Creating a mobile app for your business is a great way to allow customers to conveniently access your business. What’s more, you can offer a free app and also a premium app that users can invest in for access to additional features. You can reward customers through the use of these apps and such rewards will encourage repeat visits. These rewards also will boost awareness of your company while providing you with quality sales leads.
4. Optimize your landing pages. Mobile users have been shown to be more likely to make purchasing decisions on the spot. Make sure your website’s landing pages are optimized so that such purchases are hassle-free when made from mobile devices.
5. Understand your limitations. One of the biggest challenges with mobile marketing is making sure that your copy, images, and graphics are compatible with all screen sizes and resolutions. If your copy is difficult to read, or your images and graphics are blurry, this will leave a poor impression with customers.
While there are certainly challenges associated with mobile marketing, these challenges are easily overcome and well worth the effort. Mobile marketing is an outstanding way to promote your products and services in an engaging way. If you haven’t already, it’s time to get mobile!