How to Make Your Next Email Marketing Campaign Your Best
Technology is constantly evolving and changing but email continues to remain strong. In fact, email is the most popular way to communicate personally or for marketing purposes.
Industry data shows the number of email users in the United States continues to grow and shows no signs of slowing. Experts tell us that the technologies of tomorrow will allow for even more ways for email to be accessed.
There is no better way to provide current customers or prospects relevant content than email. No matter what your objective – promotional, educational, or simply to introduce yourself – nothing works better than email.
So now that we know email is here to stay and can be a powerful marketing tool, here are some ways to make sure your next email marketing campaign is your best:
- Make sure you have the right audience by obtaining a premier business email database for sales leads. A high accuracy rate for email mailing lists is essential or your efforts are wasted.
- Optimize it for mobile. Studies show that emails that are not easy to use on mobile devices will be deleted. And there are no second chances. Once a reader determines your brand’s emails don’t offer a pleasant experience they are extremely unlikely to open subsequent ones.
- Content should specifically mention the person who is reading the email. By using their name and other specifics, such as their location or company, an email will seem more personal.
- If you are sending promotional materials, don’t use the same promotions you use on social media. If you offer 20 percent off an item through your Facebook site, try free shipping through email or vice versa.
- Keep in mind that usability studies show that most people won't look beyond the first screen of an email so try to keep content short enough to be contained on the first screen. When you do need to send a longer email, use a hyperlinked table of contents at the beginning of the email so people can quickly and easily access the information that interests them.
- Measure the results of every email campaign. This will allow you to find out what worked, what didn’t work, and how your next campaign can be even more successful.
The key to successful email marketing is to make sure that every one of your email campaigns is better than the last. By using the steps above you can make sure that this is always the case!